KFC HACK – Korean Style Fried Chicken
July 13, 2021
Hello everyone and special shoutout to my sore right arm. You ask why? Because, I finally received my second dose of Covid vaccine, 10 hours ago to be exact. I have to say I’m feeling okay but my husband Cal on the other hand had to take (already..tsk..tsk..) some pain/fever reducer medication to ease his discomfort. Me, I’m going to try to power through. I guess, my soreness is still bearable as I can still type and blog about my new and fun recipe for this week: KFC HACK – Korean Style Fried Chicken.
(pausing…feeling fatigued and chills all over my body….will pick up again tomorrow…*sigh)
July 14, 2021
After a full night of being wounded by the vaccine war. I apologize if I sound weird, it’s the vaccine talking. But, in all seriousness, we’re feeling a little better, thanks to paracetamol, we feel like ourselves again and pumped up to reveal the KFC Hack to you. It’s really no brainer. I just used KFC crispy finger lickin’ good hot wings to mirror the famous Korean style fried chicken without dreading to fry the chicken yourself. Plus, you can make your sauce according to your preference. That’s why I love this KFC Hack. I was able to customize the taste of my honey soy garlic and I must say the taste reminds of the popular Korean fried chicken restaurant in NYC. Super proud of it!
I absolutely despise frying food at home. I know it’s still fried after all and some might argue that it’s much healthier frying at home. But, hear me out, this hack is for occasional indulgence and if we’re not eating it so often enough, my logic was to make it easy on myself. Light bulb went off and I decided to do a KFC run with the fam-bam to meet our cravings. We got home with a bucket full of KFC wings and in under 5 minutes we will soon have the famous Korean style fried chicken in our hands.
Can’t take my eyes off you!
EASY KFC HACK - Korean Style Fried Chicken in Minutes!
- 8-10 pieces KFC Wings
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp good honey
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp butter not margarine
- ~5 dashes ginger powder
- ~5 dashes mirin
- spring onion
- black and white sesame seeds
- fresh red chili optional
- Order KFC wings.
- Prep your sauce starting with mincing the garlic.
- In a small saucepan, add sesame oil.
- Once oil is hot, add minced garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add soy sauce. Stir.
- Add honey. Stir well.
- Add sugar. Cook until it dissolves.
- Add ginger powder. When bubbles starts to form, lower your heat to avoid burning the sauce.
- Add butter.
- Finally, add mirin. Stir until it bubbles again.
- Taste test.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Count 8-10 pieces of KFC wings and put in a bowl.
- Pour sauce on top.
- Gently toss the chicken.
- Plate as you wish.
- Garnish with spring onion, black and white sesame seeds, and fresh red chili.
- Order KFC wings same day you're eating it so it's nice and crispy.
- You can definitely use this sauce with other fried chicken.
- When making the sauce, you have to be careful not to burn it. Burnt honey is not appetizing at all.
- Use good real honey. Test the quality of your honey by pouring it in a glass of water. If it sinks, that means it's good honey.
- Always taste test when cooking so you can make necessary adjustments before serving.
- We love it with sushi rice.
- Finally, if you're a visual person like me, watch the step-by-step video tutorial on youtube.
WATCH The KFC HACK Step-By-Step Video Tutorial:
My name is Dhin. I'm delighted that you are here to join me in cooking delicious food and baking adorable pastries. Working in the kitchen became my therapy when the pandemic struck all of us. Join me on my journey, one bite at a time.