Gluten Free Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies- NYC Style
I can’t believe it’s gluten free! I can’t believe I made the New York’s famous Levain chocolate chip cookie. This is a gluten free version so it’s a little bit healthy but still amazingly delicious. The funny thing is I haven’t even tried the original cookie in New York. Every time, I plan of going, it gets cancelled whether it was the traffic or where I was at that time. Anyways, I was solely inspired by pictures on social media. The thick and ooey-gooey melty chocolate chips….who can resist?? I went to Levain official website, and they claim that it actually weighs a whopping 6-ounce per cookie, so about a size of your palm with a weight of 6 oz steak. This is the iconic shot of the cookie ! Yes! That’s it! Let’s make it!
Gluten Free Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies -NYC Style Cookies
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, mix honey and coconut oil until mixture is soft and smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla extract.
- Continue to mix until the egg whites are not visible anymore.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine almond meal, baking soda, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of almond meal.
- Pour wet ingredients in and mix very well.
- Add chocolate chunks or chips.
- Scoop a full tablespoon of cookie dough.
- Gently roll dough in your hand into a perfectly round ball shape.
- Place rolled dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 F (190 C) for 8-10 minutes.
- When done baking, immediately transfer your cookies on a cooling rack or serving plate to cool completely.
WATCH The Gluten Free Levain Bakery Cookies Step-By-Step Video Tutorial:
My name is Dhin. I'm delighted that you are here to join me in cooking delicious food and baking adorable pastries. Working in the kitchen became my therapy when the pandemic struck all of us. Join me on my journey, one bite at a time.